Wednesday 28 January 2015

A Story Called Life!

The smile she carried on her face was her real beauty. One glance at her and you would get filled up with positivity. She has solutions for all your issues from pimples to fashion. Whenever she steps into local the entire environment would be cheered up. She is a common woman who travels through locals and earns bread for her family.

It happened to be a coincidence. I met her at malad station one evening; she was tired and wanted to reach home early. By the time we would have any conversation Bandra slow arrived, this women pushed me ahead and looked after that I could jump into the local carefully and reach home safe. That was really sweet of her.

A month later, I met her at borivali station. Indian railways are astonishing; you never know which train arrives when. So during the hustle of catching train we popped into same compartment. She usually didn't board this train. So I asked her the reason for leaving early. She said she met with an accident not a tragic one but was hurt. For medical reason she was travelling back home. She asked me about what I’m into? I replied engineering. She asked random question about the course. The conversation was going quiet well. I asked her about her kids. She gave a weird look. I said sorry, because it clicked me that I might have asked her some wrong question. Might be she had no kids or something else.

There was silence around. She didn't utter a single word. I found myself in Wrong Square. She bowed down and went into a deep thought. I kept staring at her. Her eyes broke down into tears. She said “I lost my elder son one and half year back!”.  I was shocked that the lady who made the entire ladies special go cheerful had been through such worst trauma. She continued “He would be in third year degree now” She showed me his picture; Hefty Handsome boy. The tears in her eyes depicted how much she missed him. She said “My husband did outdoor tours. So it was just three of us at home; I and my two kids enjoyed a lot, a perfect happy family. One evening when my son was travelling back home he slipped while getting off the train and fell on his face. The crowd admitted him at the nearby hospital. He went into coma and after eight days we lost him. My husband couldn't handle this and lost his senses.”
She is the man of her house. With sorrow in her heart she manages everything. She earns bread for her family, does household job and looks after her child and husband. Even after experiencing such worst tragedy, she manages to keep the atmosphere happy. Her smile is her weapon. She says “I cannot change the past, but I wish where ever he is now he always stays happy .”

I got to learn a lot from that lady. She is a real inspiration. After listening to her story; I recognized my sorrows are nothing in front of those she is going through. The population out there is suffering a lot. You only understand it when people speak out their stories in front of you. This is life my friends whatever happens you need to keep moving ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment